The year 2017 is ending soon and a few days ago I was having one of my reflection episodes. Reflection is so powerful because it enables me to focus my mind on being grateful and progressive. I know some may ask, why not do the yearly reflection right at the end of 2017. I keep realising that we don’t know what tomorrow holds and as people we live as if we are immortal, but we not. Every moment that we have an opportunity to see a new day is truly a gift from God.
A few people close to me know the details of how 2017 started for me…it’s been one heck of a year! Full of surprises, both good and bad. But I must say this is truly one of the best years of my life…I have grown more in 2017 than the previous past two years. So, I’ve learned a few things along the way and I just wanted to share some of those things here…so here goes my list:
- God is my provider truly and NOT my job. I will write another piece someday just on this point alone!
- Tough situations always work out for Good – Just pray, laugh and rest.
- When days are dark, your true friends shine through!
- Have more than 3 good friends (you can send me a private message on this one and I will expand further ?).
- Family will always open their arms to you…the saying is true “there is no place like home”. Enjoy every moment with your parents, siblings & some relatives. Life is too short don’t spend it with people who don’t love you like your family does.
- Not everyone is going to be patient to see your dreams through with you, and that’s OKAY.
- Life will not ALWAYS go according to plan…but that does not mean give up!
- I didn’t know this about myself but, I AM a risk taker and I love it!
- Invest at least 30 minutes a week working towards something you love. If it means sending emails for opportunities, attending workshops, researching, reading up, strategizing etc.
- Have FAITH! Just believe! Trust in God and you will experience “crazy” peace even when things are falling apart in your life.
- Have shameless persistence! Knock on doors even if you keep receiving no’s/declines…one door will eventually open.
- When an opportunity to travel anywhere arises grab it! Travelling will change your life for good…
- Savings! Savings! Save a significant portion of your income so that should you be out of a job, your savings can carry you for a year of unemployment.
- If I have not bought my house and car cash, it’s not really mine…If I lost a job and every asset that I have is at risk of being taken/repossessed, I am not financially free.